Metal-Free Dental Restorations – Assonet, MA
Beautiful Restorations after Decay and Damage
When you suffer with tooth decay, a tooth injury, or a small or misshapen tooth, you can feel embarrassed by your imperfect smile. Well, with metal-free restorations at Woodside Dental Care, you can regain your confidence! These well-crafted masterpieces are so natural looking that others might not be able to tell that you ever had a problem with your teeth to begin with. Our goal is to exceed your expectations and help you have a smile that you’re proud to show off thanks to natural-looking, metal-free dental restorations in Assonet, MA.
Why Choose Woodside Dental Care for Metal-Free Dental Restorations?
- Safe, mercury-free materials
- High-quality, esthetic, long-lasting results
- Advanced technology for shorter appointments and more comfortable treatment
What are metal-free dental restorations?
In the past, metal was commonly used because of its strength and affordable price tag. It works well enough, but it has some downsides, including being highly noticeable and not biocompatible. Nowadays, we use aesthetically friendly dental ceramic, zirconia, or composite resin to complete teeth with the following restorations:
- Dental crowns.
- Inlays and onlays.
What are the benefits of metal-free dental restorations?
Because these restorations contain no metal, they have many advantages:
- Boost your confidence. You don’t have to worry about unappealing restorations distracting others. All they will see is a beautiful, seamless smile.
- Enjoy your restorations for a long time. When they are properly cared for, metal-free restorations can last over 10 years before needing to be replaced.
- Strengthen your teeth. Because of their biocompatible properties, these restorations support the natural tooth structure.
- You don’t have to worry about mercury exposure!
What can I expect when I get metal-free dental restorations?
The process for placing metal-free restorations will vary depending on the restoration you get. However, there are two basic ways you can get your teeth restored with these materials.
Sometimes a tooth just needs a filling to get it back to full health and appearance. Placing composite resin fillings goes as follows:
- After Dr. Cornetta removes any decayed or damaged portions of the tooth, he will take the tooth-colored filling material and put it on your tooth.
- He will sculpt it into the desired shape.
- He will use a curing light to make the resin harden.
- Then, he will make last fine-tuning adjustments to make sure it looks and feels great!
Tooth-Colored Dental Crowns
Whether you’re getting crowns or bridges, the process is generally the same:
- If necessary, Dr. Cornetta will either remove the infected or damaged parts of your tooth or reduce the tooth to prepare it for the crown.
- Then, we will take an impression of your mouth.
- Before you leave our dental office, we will place a temporary crown or bridge.
- Your custom crown or bridge will be crafted at a dental lab to look completely natural.
- When the final product is ready, you will come back to our dental office so that Dr. Cornetta can permanently bond it into place.
In as little as two appointments, your smile can be ready to go!
At Woodside Dental Care, our team of experienced dental professionals love to make our patients smile with the beautiful results we give them. Contact our Assonet dental office today for an appointment so that we can do the same for you!